Saturday, February 27, 2016

The Spendid Sampler - Happy Happy

Thursday's block is an appliqued stylized flower pot named Happy Happy.  After I adhered the pieces to the background, I sat down at my Bernina 830, dropped the feed dogs and began.  I had nothing in mind other than maybe some herky jerky around the flower coins.  That didn't happen!  As I began to sew, rather than herky jerky, I was making inward pointing little e's, then out came these oval things!  I finished up using machine stitches for the stems and around the pot. Might be a bit funky, but it was what made me Happy at the time!

Happy Happy
Keep on Stitchin'!!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sue,

    Enjoying reading your blog this morning. Your explanation of Happy Happy is heart and soul remarkable. Its simplicity reveals what a real and lovely person orchestrated this block. I so admire the variety of all your quilt work for every technical reason, but also for your talent as a designer and cheerleader to other quilters. Thanks for being you, and thank you for your kind words about my quilts on homequiltingsystems group.
    Mrs. D - Wisconsin

    ReplyDelete