Friday, January 15, 2016

Quilt by Request

I'm making another rag quilt.  I think I remember saying I'd never make another one of these after the mess in the washer from my son's quilt.  Well, never say never!  Son's girlfriend complains that he won't share his quilt with ANYONE! haha  So I'm making one for her.  As quilts go, these are very easy and very snuggly.  I've gotten all the flannel cut into squares and will begin the sewing process soon. 
Flannel Squares
I've decided not to use batting and just use the 2 layers of flannel.  However, I will be appliqueing a smaller square onto the larger one.  This will give me the extra layer as well as quilting to hold the layers together.  And I will be taking the finished quilt to a public laundry!!!

These beautiful flannels (except for the 2 bottom ones on the left side) all came from Connecting Threads.  The 2 odd ones were in my stash from a long time ago!

Going to see if I can program the Bernina 830 to sew either a square or at least a counted stitch length so all I need to do is push a button, turn, push a button, repeat.  I'm hoping programming a square will work for me.  One push on a button per square.  How cool would that be!!!!

Keep on Stitchin'!!

No comments:

Post a Comment