Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Retreat!!

Just got back from a quilting retreat.  Lots of fun, lots of laughs, lots of talk, lots of sewing machines humming.

I made progress on one of the BOM blocks from Carol Doak's Scrap Scramble.  Still have 2 more sets of blocks to do before I can put the quilt top together.
Feb Scrap Scramble block

Individual Heart blocks - Feb Scrap Scramble
There are 9 of these individual heart blocks.

I completed the August Little Quilt, however, I failed to cut enough pieces for July's Little and forgot to take the fabric with me.  This one measures 20"x16".  Finally found something in which to use that Texas Wildflowers fabric!!
August Little Quilt
Got blocks pieced and this top put together.  It measures about 48"x60".  I had a jelly roll and 5" sampler packet of Kaffe Fassett fabrics and finally found a block that I felt like I could handle.  The wild prints and colors of his fabrics are gorgeous, but are so overwhelming to me.  Separating them with a calming tonal was just the ticket for me!
Jungle Path
Keep on Stitchin'!!

No comments:

Post a Comment