This one measures 16.5" square. I'm now caught up with my Little Quilts. Whup! Whup! I'd done most of this quilt at the retreat, but discovered I'd not cut enough red for the 4 corner stars.
July Little Quilt
I like this one! A shout out to our armed forces and their families!! Thank you for keeping me safe. I paper pieced this, in case anyone is interested. Small individual fabric pieces to sew together don't agree with me! LOL
Just got back from a quilting retreat. Lots of fun, lots of laughs, lots of talk, lots of sewing machines humming.
I made progress on one of the BOM blocks from Carol Doak's Scrap Scramble. Still have 2 more sets of blocks to do before I can put the quilt top together.
Feb Scrap Scramble block
Individual Heart blocks - Feb Scrap Scramble
There are 9 of these individual heart blocks.
I completed the August Little Quilt, however, I failed to cut enough pieces for July's Little and forgot to take the fabric with me. This one measures 20"x16". Finally found something in which to use that Texas Wildflowers fabric!!
August Little Quilt
Got blocks pieced and this top put together. It measures about 48"x60". I had a jelly roll and 5" sampler packet of Kaffe Fassett fabrics and finally found a block that I felt like I could handle. The wild prints and colors of his fabrics are gorgeous, but are so overwhelming to me. Separating them with a calming tonal was just the ticket for me!
Decided to make a purse using the Bellagio Bag pattern from Studio Kat Designs. I didn't want the binding over the seams, so I put it together differently, which cause some problems with the zipper portion. But I finally got things to behave themselves.
I used some Bali Pops to piece the outer pockets (I put this on both sides, which is different from the pattern, too). It needed something more and I remembered a design that Amanda Whitlatch did when she was making the Software Sampler Videos for Bernina. This was from Lesson 7, 2014. I shrunk it down to fit the pocket area, but I love how it looks over the pieced strips.
Now that the parents have received these items, I can finally share what I've been working on for our granddaughter who is
due in September.
Each of these letter buntings measure about 9"x13". I
blanked out most of the letters as I don't want her name all over social media. These started out as a design from Hatched in Africa, Easter Buntings. I added, deleted, and re-arranged until I got what I wanted. The lettering is another design from Hatched in Africa, Tudor Lace Monograms. Each bunting took about 2 hrs to stitch out. I added to the original design's lace edging to made it wider and also added extra stitching around the outer edge.
Decided to add spacers between the letters, so I
made 6 hearts and 6 owls. They can use them as spacers, or use
them on their own. These designs I digitized myself.
And of course, we need the quilt. This one measures
about 39"x51" in Mom's colors of gray, pink, white.
A closeup of the quilting.
back. I have again blocked out the name on the label.
I've been busy working on baby things...imagine that! The box has been mailed off and I'm awaiting word that they received it before posting any photos. In the meantime, I got back to working on other things.
Here's the July block of Pat Sloan's Vacation Time. She calls this one The Hot Dog Stand.
Vacation Time July-The Hot Dog Stand
An easy one to make and a nice break from pink, gray, white fabrics for the new granddaughter!