Friday, May 22, 2015

Texas Snowflake quilting

I had to put aside the NYE Mystery quilt to get a top quilted for an upcoming housewarming gift.  Decided to use the Texas Snowflake quilt from a few years ago.  It was a Carol Doak BOM from her Yahoo Group.  Remember this??
Texas Snowflake on the frame
And here's a closeup of the simple quilting I'm doing.  I created the design from a pattern in the fabric.  See it in the large triangle fabric piece next to the quilting?  I made the pattern into a panto, but I probably could have done this free motion, too.
Texas Snowflake quilting motif
I had planned on practicing some fancy quilting on this one as there's a lot of open space to play with.  However, since it's needed quickly, no fancy stuff this time!

Keep on Stitchin'!!

No comments:

Post a Comment