Monday, April 6, 2015

Texas Memories quilt on the frame

My boss (and owner) at Sew & Quilt Store in Temple, TX where I taught, also does some embroidery digitizing for classes.  The store held an embroidery retreat a couple years ago where we stitched out his embroideries of old farm equipment and wildflowers common to Texas.  I had seen the designs as he was creating them and then ran across a panel of the state of Texas and knew exactly how I wanted to use his embroideries.

Texas Memories Quilt
Loaded on the frame last Friday as I contemplate how to quilt it.

Update!!  It's quilted and off the frame ready for a label and binding  Whup! Whup!!

Keep On Stitchin'!!

5 comments:

  1. I suppose my comment didn't post! Here I go again, I love this quilt. I was born in Dallas, ya know.
    ~Joyful Hopppy Quilting~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had to beat me to it, didn't you, Froggie?

      Delete
  2. Mine from yesterday doesn't seem to have posted. What I said is that, besides being fabulous, your quilt reminds me that I've wanted to do a USA map with Alaska in correct proportion to the rest of the country. I've never even seen such a map in paper, let along fabric, and then if Hawaii gets added the quilt will be much wider than it is long. Hope this comment works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great comments, Ladies!!! I really enjoyed making this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Mary, I can't wait to see that quilt! I'm still thinking about my quilt, Sue, it's churning around in my poor pea brain!
    ~Hopppy Quilting~

    ReplyDelete