Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Texas Memories Finished!

I'm keeping this one and will hang it proudly!  All free motion quilting with a little ruler work. Windy day today, but I was able to snap a shot of the entire quilt and the label between breezes.  Then brought it inside for the closeups.

Texas Memories Finished

Texas Memories Label
Love the label I made!  I digitized a Texas Star inside the outline of the state of Texas, then put the lettering on top.  I had sewn out the label in 2014 and altho I finished the quilt in 2015, I saw no reason to waste this label!

Back of quilt showing quilting texture

Top portion of quilt

Center Section

Lower section
I used loops and stars in the outer green border, loops in the embroidered blocks and corner blocks.  Double curves (not sure what the real name of this design would be called) in the inner blue border.  Followed the curves of the barbed wire print next to the inner border and did a serpentine thru the printed black border next to the barbed wire print.  I outlined and echoed the state print, then did diagonal lines across the state. The area around the state was quilted with straight line 'loops'.

Enjoyed quilting this one and a big shout out to Stephen Weathers for his embroidery designs.

Keep on Stitchin'!!

1 comment: