Friday, March 6, 2015

Braid Quilt Progress

Making progress on the braid quilt from Eleanor Burns.  I first stitched in the ditch the whole quilt, then rolled back to the beginning and began the quilting.
Quilting in progress
The process of stitching in the ditch, even with a ditch stitch ruler, has been very frustrating for me.  My ruler foot has never been centered around the needle, making it difficult to guess where the needle will be going.  I kept thinking I'd get used to it....NOT!  So I finally asked for help from other Bailey Home Quilting machines.  Thanks to their advice, instructions, and suggestions, I'm hoping that problem is behind me.  Whup! Whup!  I discovered I can now hit my mark just about every time when lowering the needle.  It was a bit nerve wracking to loosen screws and turn shafts, but thank goodness, I didn't screw anything up! LOL

Keep on Stitchin'!!


No comments:

Post a Comment