Sunday, December 14, 2014

Embroidery and Mug Rug

I recently purchased a pattern for a small appliqued snowman quilt.  It's called Frosty's Alter Egos by Pieceful Designs. www.piecefuldesigns.com

I don't hand applique, so I'm scanning the parts into my Bernina Embroidery Software and creating embroidered applique as well as the files to cut out the pieces using Bernina Cutwork.  So far, I've gotten one snowman head digitized as well as the snowflake. I'm working on it in between other stuff. Wonder if I'll get this 40"x40" quilt done by 2015 Christmas!! 
Image from Software
Snowflake image from software

Hatched in Africa www.hatchedinafrica.com has just released a set of snowmen that I just love!  Stack 'Em Snowmen.  I think these would look great in the side borders of this little quilt.  If you know me at all, you know I use mostly designs from Hatched in Africa.

And it seems I'm on a mug rug kick.  Made another and have one more in the works.  I'll be giving some of these away and keeping some for myself!  This was done by me and is all in the hoop.   I wanted a winter mug rug and not a Christmas one, but wish I'd used stronger colors for the purple scarf and hat trim.  It's mine to keep, so I'm happy with it.
Snowman Mug Rug

Keep on Stitchin'!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Sue! Thanks for your thoughtful response to my question on the long arm quilting list. Your name sounds familiar and I'm thinking I may have come across one of your posts on some other sewing related forum in the past? I'm a Bernina girl too (750 QE and Bernina embroidery software as well) so I'm mildly interested in the long arm machine that Bernina is supposed to be coming out with. I bought my 750 thinking that it would make machine quilting so much easier and still be portable (hahaha... maybe if I spent less time in the sewing room and more time at the gym!) but 2 years into the 750, I still feel like I'm trying to force a domestic sewing machine to do the work of a long arm machine. Your mug rugs are adorable, by the way. Are those snowflake stitches in the background decorative stitches that are built into your 830, or are they part of the digitized embroidery design?

    ReplyDelete