Saturday, November 8, 2014

I was in Houston!

Just returned from visiting with a friend in Houston.  We went to the International Quilt Festival as we do every year, then stayed a few extra days to sewing and gal pal time.  I got quite a bit accomplished during those few days.  Spent money at the quilt show, of course, and came home with some goodies.

On a bad note...we'd gone out to eat lunch with a couple of her family members and I was driving my Tahoe.  Had a wonderful lunch at a Japanese steak house and the guy cooking had us laughing til we cried.  He was a great entertainer as he handled that big old grill and utensils.  Everytime he banged down the spatula on the grill, I jumped and he'd apologize! LOL  Anyway..for the bad news.

As we left the restaurant, we discovered my Tahoe had been broken into!  At least no window was smashed.  They'd used something to poke into the key hole and pop the lock.  Stole a container full of quarters I'd been using for toll roads...probably a hundred or so $$.  Also stole a quilt top that my friend had been working on for a baby shower. Both were in the front of the truck...she'd sorta stuffed her bag under the passenger seat.  She was very upset about that and I wasn't too happy to have my Tahoe damaged and money stolen.  We filed a report...but don't expect anything to come out of it.  In the back of the Tahoe, I had 2 quilt tops and the backing for them that I'd just purchased.  Also was a huge roll of batting that my friend had purchased.  They didn't take any of that. 

Then the day I was ready to leave...I had a flat tire!  Had to wait until friend's hubby came home to change it out for me.  Shame on me...I've never changed a tire in my life...much less try to figure out how to get that full sized spare out from under the Tahoe.  But I watched him and I think I just might be able to do it.  He used his compresser to air up the tire and zip/zip...I was ready to head home. 

So here's what I got accomplished!  It was windy today and I had to take pics in between breezes! LOL

 Remember that Christmas Star Strip quilt that I had put aside?  It is finished and quilted!  I sewed the binding on while at my friend's house.

Christmas Star Strip

Label
Back in 2013, I participated in the Craftsy BOM.  Finally got the blocks sewn together.

Craftsy 2013 BOM
And back in 2012, I participated in a Modern Mystery Quilt.  Got that top put together.
Modern Mystery Quilt
And finally, I put together the Globetrotter BOM from Pat Sloan's Facebook group.
Globetrotter
I think I got quite a bit accomplished this trip.  I have one more top to put together and then I'll start quilting these tops.  I WILL NOT participate in another Mystery or BOM in 2015 until I get these tops quilted and bound.  Hmmmmm.....wonder if I can stay true to that declaration??!!!

Keep on Stitchin'!!

No comments:

Post a Comment