Thursday, October 23, 2014

Christmas Top is Quilted!

WhooHoo!  It's quilted!  Got it done and off the frame in 3 days...just before we left town for a few days.  Snapped a couple pics as the quilting progressed.  Now we're back home and I need to bind it. 

On the frame

Closeup of quilting
I used a solid red 50wt quilting cotton in needle and thread from Connecting Threads - Cotton Essentials, Cherry.  I think it shows up nicely.   Bailey 15 liked this thread.  I was worried I might have breaks.  I actually had only 2 breaks and that was before I changed the foot to one that would better glide over the heavy seams that all connected in one place.  It's linty thread and I cleaned and oiled after every bobbin, which slowed me down a little, but it was great thread to work with.

Looking forward to having this quilt finally displayed in the house this Christmas!!

Keep on Stitchin'!!

No comments:

Post a Comment