Monday, September 29, 2014

Awww...Retreat is over

I worked on 3 projects while at the retreat over the weekend.  One I finished, one I made a bit of progress, one I put aside after completing one of the BOM instructions for when I could concentrate.

There were requests at last year's retreat for me to bring my embroidery machine so some ladies could sew out a few contour designs. (see the post prior to this one.)  I made up a couple of small sample tops for the ladies and they chose what and how many they wished to sew out.  Here's the samples.





I used variegated on the blue contours.  It shows up better in real life.  The dragonflies were a real hit!  I digitized these myself and no, they are not available for sale.

So, what did I get done?  The quilt top for a quilt along from a FB group, Quilty Friends Quilt Along.

Flowers In The Wind
Debating whether to add another border or not.

I got another month's paper piecing from Carol Doak done.  Oops, there are actually 6 of those smaller diamonds.  It's done, but I didn't get it in the picture.  I still have to concentrate on paper piecing, so trying to get much of this done at retreat doesn't work well for me!  I certainly don't want to miss anything going on around me!! 
December Scrap Scramble
The last thing I worked on I cannot show.  It will be a surprise for the recipient, so can't let the cat out of the bag about it.  But I did get several blocks completed at retreat.

We'll be doing some painting inside the house for a while, so I won't be able to get at my sewing and quilting for a while.  Darn!  But after the painting is done, I can put up my new Bernina frame.  So looking forward to using that frame with Bailey15.

Keep on Stitchin'!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment