Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Ready, Set, Go!

I've got the JUQ Spring Mystery quilt lain out on the floor.  Hope to get it sewn together soon.
On the floor!

I decided to create some embroidery designs to use on the solid purple blocks.  I'm using several design collections from Hatched In Africa to create my blocks.  As usual, I'm taking liberties with the designs to create the looks I want and for them to fit in the purple area.  I hope to create 18 different ones for the 18 purple blocks.  Here's a screen shot of one. 
Block2
I created a graphic file for the purple background so I can fit things right in the space.  Luckily, I have the Bernina 830 with Jumbo hoop and will be able to sew out the embroidery in one hooping.  The birdies have appliqued bodies.  Go to Hatched in Africa and type in Applique Birds in the search box.  I'm using birds from Little Birdie Applique, Autumn Birdies, and Autumn Crow collections. Aren't they cute????  For the leaves and other elements, I'm using Spring Leaves and Floral Sketches Set 3.

Keep on Stitchin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment