Friday, February 28, 2014

Upcoming Retreat!

I've decided to get ready and pack up some projects to take to a retreat I'm attending in March.  I haven't accomplished much lately, other than planning and picking.  In the picture below you see stacks of fabric pulled together to make 5 quilts.  Four of these are from various Mystery or BOMs that I found on the web.  One is from a book and tool that I got from Nancy's Notions.  See what I mean?  Lots of fun time fabric fondling and choosing, but getting nothing accomplished.  Will I ever make these?  Who knows, but I hope so!!!

Fabrics for 5 quilts
I'd been working on a Mystery Quilt from Just Us Quilters on Facebook, but really wasn't into it, so I got stalled.  I've packed it up along with a few other things on which I stalled (meaning not working on!!!)  A lot of it is paper piecing.

Retreat stuff
In the plastic box is the Mystery Quilt from JUQ.  The stack to the left is 3 BOMs from Carol Doak's Scrap Scramble.  Above the Carol Doak paper piecing pile is a bag full of unfinished paper piecing blocks from the Grandmothers Choice BOW from Barbara Brachman. (Remember that one??)  And the top right is Eleanor Burns Braid in a Day (Ha!  I say. Ha!)  I've finished the braid part and only need to cut the strips and borders and put together.

And now...yes, I've caved again.  Now I have pulled together 5" samplers, 2.5" samplers and a backing to join in with Pat Sloan's Scrap Happy Sew Along on her Facebook group. (and yes, I'm still doing her Globetrotting BOM.  Just got March's block today).   Each month she will give us a block and we make up enough blocks using scraps from our stash to make a quilt.  This first one is using a ShooFly Block.  I've had these 5" samplers several years and they are, well, rather blah.  But I need to use them.  I chose a background of a peachy color.  It looks orange or gold, but it's a pretty peach that goes nicely with the darker browns, blues, purples, and greens.  I think it will give the ugly old fabrics a shot at looking pretty good!

Scrap Happy selection
Now that I've put away for the retreat what I had out on the table making me feel crappy....I want to work on this ShooFly quilt!  Maybe I will actually get SOMETHING made!

Keep on Stitchin'!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment