Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Just Us Quilters - making progress!!

I'm working on Step #2 and Step #3, the final step, is already out.  It's a great looking quilt.  Anyway, I've been making lots of small 2" HSTs and sewing to 2" plain squares.  I'm definitely not used to working with such small pieces.  Paper piecing, yes, but these are cut and sewn together!  I used the strip tube method for making the HSTs.  Love that method!  Here's my stacks of these.  Half one way, half the other...48 in each stack.
Lots of 2 inch pieces!
I'm also using a strip method for the chevrons.  Took me several samples to get the measurements correct so that my cuts came out correctly.  And it didn't help matters any that I sewed the colors in the wrong order twice...exactly the same!! Aaargh!!  So here's the HST blocks sewn to the chevrons on my first successful block, which measures 3.5" x 6.5". 

Finally!  Sucess!!
I need to make 48 chevrons going one way and 48 going the other way.  Off to sew strips together to see how many I can get in one strip set!!

Keep on Stitchin'!!

No comments:

Post a Comment