Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Globetrotting

No, not me.... :(  But I'm making blocks from various places!  Pat Sloan has started a new quilt along, actually a couple, but I'm doing the Globetrotting one.  First block is Washington, DC.  I'm using pink & green & gray fabrics.  There is a lighter pink that is not shown that I added.  Depending upon how the quilt looks, I'll use one of the two large prints on the left as the border.  The green on the right is the backing.  And that's a black & white dot below the backing.

Globetrotting fabrics
The DC block is the center medallion and is 26" finished.  Big un'!!  I decided the 1" outer border needed some punch, so I used the black with white dots.  Probably the only place I'll use this fabric.  Here you can see the lighter pink that I added.  It's not solid, it's a tone on tone marbled.
Center Medallion
For information about this quilt, go here http://www.freequiltpatterns.info/index.htm and click on Mystery BOM.  And here is the Quilt Along with Pat Sloan on Facebook.  I think this will become one of my favorite groups! https://www.facebook.com/groups/QuiltWithPatSloan/

Keep on Stitchin'!!

No comments:

Post a Comment